Print

The following message is being forwarded to all Office of Long-Term Living ListServs:

From: DHS STAKEHOLDERS <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of HS, Secretary's Office
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 9:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [DHS-STAKEHOLDERS] Human Services Licensing Update

Request for Input on Opportunities to Coordinate Licensing, Certification, and Incident Management Conducted by the Departments of Human Services, Health, Drug and Alcohol Programs, and Aging

The Departments of Human Services, Health, Drug and Alcohol Programs, and Aging regulate a variety of health and human services providers in order to protect the health and safety of Pennsylvanians. Among our regulatory activities, we license or certify providers and conduct incident management, as required by state and federal law. Our departments are currently reexamining our processes to identify opportunities to coordinate our efforts in order to streamline the licensing, certification, and incident management process and increase efficiencies for providers and the commonwealth, while maintaining and enhancing the quality of our licensing and certification activities and of the providers we regulate. As part of this process, we are seeking input from stakeholders of the Departments of Human Services, Health, Drug and Alcohol Programs, and/or Aging on the following questions. These questions are focused on providers, but we welcome feedback from advocates and other stakeholders. Please provide as much detail as possible in your responses.

Please send responses to [log in to unmask] by April 30, 2018.

1.    Which of the following commonwealth agencies do you interact with for licensing and certification: the Departments of Human Services, Health, Drug and Alcohol Programs, and/or Aging?  Please identify the specific license or certificate types you have.

2.    Which of the following commonwealth agencies do you interact with when you must report an incident that took place at your facility/agency: the Departments of Human Services, Health, Drug and Alcohol Programs, and/or Aging?  This could include incidents required to be reported per licensing regulations, or home and community based (waiver) programs.

3.    What works well in interacting with multiple commonwealth agencies on licensing, certification, and incident management activities?

4.    What challenges do you experience in interacting with multiple commonwealth agencies on licensing, certification, and incident management activities? If possible, please identify whether the challenges are caused by statutory or regulatory requirements, policy or operational guidance, or agency processes or technology.

5.    What opportunities do you see for the commonwealth to streamline your experience interacting with multiple commonwealth agencies on licensing, certification, and incident management activities?

Subscribe via this link: [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe, please send an email to [log in to unmask] with unsubscribe in the email subject.

NOTICE: This confidential message/attachment contains information intended for a specific individual(s) and purpose. Any inappropriate use, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If received in error, notify the sender and immediately delete the message.