Dear Colleagues:

Over the last few months we have traveled the commonwealth, speaking with thousands of consumers, caregivers, legislators, and stakeholders about the January 2017 transition to Community HealthChoices (CHC) and its upcoming procurement. Throughout the course of those conversations we heard a recurring theme of the desire for more time for participant review.

We remain convinced that CHC’s success is rooted in our capacity to effectively solicit and listen to your input and feedback.  As a result of our ongoing commitment to openness and transparency, we are adjusting the process to allow for additional public input before officially releasing the CHC Request for Proposals (RFP).

Most recently, we shared that the CHC RFP was scheduled for release in mid-November. We are still on track to release for public comment a draft RFP and draft program requirements on November 16, 2015. Comments will be due on December 11.

We also plan to release additional draft materials and information relative to the enrollment/eligibility process for public comment on December 14. Comments will be due January 8.

Once we have reviewed the comments, we will officially release the RFP for a 60 day response period.

As has been our commitment, we will continue to engage program participants along with members of several Medical Assistance Advisory Committee Sub-committees in our RFP review process.  These individuals will also review and provide input to the internal RFP technical evaluation committee.

Thank you for your continued support and participation as we work to improve care coordination and to better the lives of older Pennsylvanians and individuals with physical disabilities. To learn more about Community HealthChoices, please visit www.dhs.state.pa.us/ForAdults/CommunityHealthChoices

Sincerely,

Ted Dallas

Secretary

Department of Human Services

Teresa Osborne

Secretary

Department of Aging

Subscribe via this link: http://listserv.dpw.state.pa.us/Scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=dhs-stakeholders&A=1

To unsubscribe, please send an email to [log in to unmask] with unsubscribe in the email subject.

NOTICE: This confidential message/attachment contains information intended for a specific individual(s) and purpose. Any inappropriate use, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If received in error, notify the sender and immediately delete the message.